Starting on December 5, 2022, a change in waste removal will take place. Flat Rock’s current schedule is that all waste including recycling is on Fridays. Starting this week there will be a Three-day removal schedule based on your location in the city. If you have a Red Recycle cart, you will NOT be able to use it. Each resident that had one should have received a Green cart with a black top. (New cart Pictured Below.) Starting Monday, the Green cart will be the only one that will be collected for recycling. You can call the city of Flat Rock at 782-2470 for removal of the old Red recycle containers. Below is a copy of the city map with the pickup days noted.
The Second Annual Flat Rock Winterfest is a 3-day specular event that happens the first weekend in December. The event is designed to usher in the holidays!
On Friday December 2nd the Santa Parade runs through the streets featuring local businesses. The parade route will start at the city ballfields and end at Community Park followed by the Tree Lighting Ceremony. Sherry’s Dance Academy will be performing. The Santa Parade starts at 5:30 PM and the Tree Lighting starts at 6:30 PM.
Story and Crafts with Santa will be at the Flat Rock Public Library starting at 7 PM.
Also, on Friday from 5-8 PM, the Flat Rock Historical Complex will be open featuring Arts, Crafts and Popcorn.
On Saturday December 3rd Sip and Shop Craft and Artisan Show will be taking place at the Stone Creek Banquet Hall inside the Flat Rock Community Center. Sip and Shop runs from 10 AM to 4 PM.
Santa will be at the Community Center from 1-4 PM to hear Christmas Wishes in the Fireside Room.
Click Here for the Sip and Shop flyer.
On Sunday December 4th there will be FREE tractor pulled Wagon Rides at HuRoc Park from 2-4 PM. The River’s End Band will be there for your entertainment. The wagon ride is open to all ages.
CLICK HERE for the Winterfest flyer.
For more information contact the Flat Rock Community Center 734-379-1450.
The three-day Winterfest Includes opportunities for you.
Parade the Town- any business can take part in this year’s parade on December 2nd.
Deck the Town – Business Owners will have an opportunity to showcase their decorating skills in your store front. You can win bragging Rights for a whole year. Then at the Tree Lighting on December 2nd one business will be chosen and given a trophy to display.
For more information you can contact Heather B. at the Flat Rock Community Center 734-379-1450 x 1201.
Flat Rock Our Hometown along with the Flat Rock DDA are once again presenting the Flat Rock Christmas Passport Program.
We are once again using the Passport Punch Cards system.
- You will get a passport business card from any participating Flat Rock Businesses. Each card has 6 places in which to punch.
- All Flat Rock participating businesses will have a card display near the cashier where you can take a card and receive a card punch.
- Each Passport card is be coated so you can easily clean them.
- The card will remain in your hand while the business punches it with their unique punch.
- The program has started for 2022 and end on December 16, 2022.
Note; many stores already have their kits and may ask you if you would like to participate.
Flat Rock Passport Customer Rules and information.
- Look for the Flat Rock Our Hometown clock decal at local businesses.
- A full list of participating businesses is available on the Flat Rock Our Hometown Facebook page and on this site soon.
- Visit local participating Flat Rock businesses and complete the punches on the passport card.
- You must have punches from at least three (3) different businesses punches on each passport card (i.e. you can get up to three (3) stamps from one business, but the other three (3) must be different participating businesses.
- Remember that 6 different punches will get you into the SPECIAL Grand Prize drawing for a basket filled with gifts from ALL participating businesses!
- You get bonus stamps on Small Business Saturday weekend and Winterfest weekend.
- Fill out your name, address and phone number on the passport card and drop in the box at City Hall for a chance to win your prize.
- Passports Cards MUST be submitted to City Hall by December 16, 2022, by 12 NOON.
- Customers can start another passport card for more chances to win. You can fill out more than one card but can only ONE prize per person.
- The new passport cards can be picked up at any participating store or at city hall, the community center or the local library.
- The drawings will be held on December 16, 2022 and awarded at the City Council meeting on December 19, 2022.
- NOTE; You are NOT required to be present for the drawing, but we ask that you plan to attend the City Council meeting if you are a winner. The City Council meeting for the drawing will be at 7:30p.m. on December 19, 2022
First – $500, – Second $250, Third – $100 in Flat Rock Dollars.
The Grand Prize is a Basket with something from every participating business.
Check back soon for the updated participating business listing.
Abby’s Mutt Hut – 26464 W. Huron River Drive
Adolph’s Auto Repair and Towing – 28299 Telegraph Rd.
Atwater Street Taco – 26425 Atwater St.
Bashar’s Cuisine – 27103 Telegraph Rd.
Biggby Coffee Flat Rock – 26614 Telegraph Rd.
Blue Heron Trading Company – 26217 E. Huron River Drive
Convenient auto care – 28810 Telegraph Rd
Expo Nails – 26606 Telegraph Rd.
Fellows and Co. Auto Repair – 27512 Telegraph
Flat Rock Community Center – 1 Maguire St.
Flat Rock Animal Clinic – 27116 Telegraph
Flat Rock Krzyske Brothers Hardware – 26329 E. Huron River Drive
Hair Classics – 26664 Telegraph Rd.
Instinct Salon – 27250 Telegraph Rd.
Jim’s Butcher Shop – 28418 Telegraph
Lather Barbershop – 26854 Telegraph
Lefty’s Cheesesteaks – 27026 Telegraph
Marlo’s Cutting Crew – 25658 E. Huron River Dr.
Masserant’s Feed & Grain – 27550 Telegraph
Michaels on the River – 28828 Telegraph
Mimi’s Pizza – 26902 Telegraph
My Salon – 26080 E. Huron River Drive
Pet Needs, Etc. – 28325 Telegraph
Public Service Credit Union – 26121 Vreeland Rd.
Royal Shirtery – 23981 Vreeland Rd.
Sherry’s Academy of Dance, 27369 Telegraph
Shagg’s Salon – 26317 Gibraltar Rd.
S & J’s CupCakery – 26314 E. Huron River Drive
Southern Scentsations – 27419 Telegraph Rd.
Station 24 – 28801 Telegraph Rd.
Strands of Hair – 26318 E. Huron River Dr.
Sugar Island Baking Company – 28773 Telegraph Rd.
Tom’s Collision – 26813 Telegraph Rd.
Wize Guys Bistro – 26123 E. Huron River Drive
If your Flat Rock Business is interested in participating in the Flat Rock Christmas Passport Program – Click Here.
FYI- Trick or Treat Hours in Flat Rock have changed. The new Hours are 5:30 PM to 8 PM.
Kids love Halloween! They get to dress up and get free candy! What a perfect holiday! Give your kids some precious Halloween memories that they’ll have for life.
Some of you kids already know things that you can do to be safe, like how to cross the street, not to talk to or go with strangers and things like that. But we adults know how exciting Halloween can be and that can make you forget to be careful.
Here’s some tips that we have just for your kids, to help keep you safe on Halloween night! Some of these ideas are called “common sense” ideas, that means that they are things that you should know and use every day in life. You are never too young to learn!
After Trick or Treating you are invited to the Flat Rock Community Center from 7-9PM for Games Prizes and Pizza.