Thanksgiving dinners went out to Over 120 local families. They will have a Great Thanksgiving thanks to many Flat Rock groups, individuals and business. The outreach was supported with money, goods and volunteers. The volunteers including, local businesses, school support, city support and church support. Grace Church of Flat Rock organized this outreach dinner for the sole purpose of helping our community.
The Thanksgiving Dinner Outreach went great today (Saturday November 20, 2021) thanks to the Flat Rock Fire and Police Department along with support from the Flat Rock Schools the local business community along with Grace Church.
The group thanks all that contributed and all involved.
The groups supporting the drive were; City of Flat Rock Firefighters and Police, Flat Rock Community School groups including student council, the football team, cheerleaders and coaches.
The group also received cash and donations from local businesses including Biggby Coffee, Blue Heron, S&J Cupcakery, Michael’s On The River, Strands of Hair, GOJO’s, Taco Bell, Rock On Smokers, Remer Construction, Steiner & Associates, Royal Arc Welding, Bobcean Funeral Home, Target Steel, Local UAW 3000, Superior Comfort, Fellows and Company Inc, Grosse Ile Lawn and Sprinkler, “A” Lot Paving Company, Meijer, Ford Motor Company, Vreeland Market, Black Rock, Woodhaven, Premier Furniture, Pepsi, Point of Sale Reality, Community Focus Credit Union, Cosco, Blue Water, King Lawns, along with donations from the Flat Rock Football team, Police and Fire Departments.
Pastor Ryan and Coach J. North thanks everyone who supported this effort to help our community and wishes every a Happy and Blesses Thanksgiving.
Flat Rock Our Hometown along with the Flat Rock DDA are once again presenting the Flat Rock Christmas Passport Program.
We are once again using the Passport Punch Cards system.
- You will get a passport business card from one of the participating Flat Rock Businesses. Each card has 6 places in which to punch.
- All Flat Rock participating businesses will have a card display near the cashier that you can take and receive a card punch.
- Each business card will be coated so you can easily clean them.
- The card will remain in your hand while the business punches it with their unique punch.
- The program has started for 2021 and end on December 17, 2021.
Note; many stores already have their kits and may ask you if you would like to participate.
Flat Rock Passport Customer Rules and information.
- Look for the Flat Rock, Our Hometown clock decal at local businesses.
- A full list of participating businesses is available online below when available and at Flat Rock Our Hometown and here at Downtown Flat Rock
- Visit local participating Flat Rock businesses (listed below) and complete the punches on the passport.
- You must have punches from at least three (3) different businesses on each passport card (i.e. you can get up to three (3) stamps from one business, but the other three (3) must be different businesses.
- Remember, six (6) different stamps enter will get you into the SPECIAL Grand Prize drawing for a basket filled with gifts from ALL participating businesses!
- You get bonus stamps on Small Business Saturday weekend from November 26 – November 27, 2021.
- Fill out your name, address and phone number on the passport card and drop in the box at City Hall for a chance to win your prize.
- Passports Cards MUST be submitted to City Hall by December 17, 2021 by 12 NOON.
- Customers can start another passport card for more chances to win. You can fill out more than one card but can only ONE prize per person.
- The new passport cards can be picked up at any participating store or at city hall, the community center or the local library.
- The drawings will be held on December 17, 2021 and awarded at the City Council meeting on December 20, 2021.
- NOTE; You are NOT required to be present for the drawing, but we ask that you plan to attend the meeting if you are able, the City Council meeting for the drawing will be on December 20, 2021 at 7:30p.m.
Prizes; First – $500, – Second $250, Third – $100 in Flat Rock Dollars.
The Grand Prize is a Basket with something from every participating Businesses.
Here is a list of the participating businesses so far … Check back soon more may join-
- ABBY’S MUTT HUT 6464 HURON RIVER DR.
- ATWATER STREET TACOS 26425 ATWATER STREET
- BARE AESTHETICS 28775 TELEGRAPH RD.
- BIGGBY COFFEE 26614 TELEGRAPH ROAD
- BLUE HERON TRADING COMPANY 26217 HURON RIVER DR.
- BUILD YOUR OWN BURRITO 26068 HURON RIVER DR.
- CALDER DAIRY 28190 TELEGRAPH RD.
- CARDINAL QUILL TATTOO 26324 E. HURON RIVER RD.
- EXPO NAILS 26606 TELEGRAPH RD.
- FELLOWS & COMPANY LLC 27512 TELEGRAPH RD.
- FIORELLI RESTAURANT COLLECTION-WIZE GUYS-THE ROC 26123 E. HURON RIVER RD
- FLAT ROCK COMMUNITY CENTER 1 MAGUIRE ST
- GRACE WOOD COMPANY 28771 TELEGRAPH RD.
- HAIR CLASSICS 26646 TELEGRAPH RD.
- HOOKED ON A BEAN 25678 E. HURON RIVER RD.
- INSTINCT SALON 27250 TELEGRAPH RD.
- JIM’S BUTCHER SHOP 28418 TELEGRAPH RD.
- KRZYSKE BROTHERS FLAT ROCK HARDWARE 26329 E. HURON RIVER RD
- MARLO’S CUTTING CREW 25658 E. HURON RIVER RD.
- MASSERANT’S FEED & GRAIN, INC. 27550 TELEGRAPH RD.
- MD 1st URGENT CARE 26346 GIBRALTAR RD,
- MICHAEL’S ON THE RIVER 28828 TELEGRAPH RD.
- NUTRITION HUB 26452 HURON RIVER DR.
- PET NEEDS ETC 28325 TELEGRAPH RD.
- PKSA 27383 TELEGRAPH RD.
- PUBLIC SERVICE CREDIT UNION 26121 VREELAND RD
- ROCK ON SMOKERS 26902 TELEGRAPH RD.
- S & J CUPCAKERY 26314 E. HURON RIVER RD.
- STRANDS OF HAIR 26318 HURON RIVER DR.
- STATION 24 28801 TELEGRAPH ROAD
- SUGAR ISLAND BAKING COMPANY 28773 TELEGRAPH RD
- THE MANE SALON 26154 GIBRALTAR RD.
- VICTORY LANE QUICK OIL CHANGE 28915 TELEGRAPH RD.
- VINTAGE BLOSSOMS 26249 HURON RIVER DR. Flat Rock, Mi.
Thank you for shopping local!
Businesses can CLICK HERE to get information on how to register your Flat Rock Business in the 2021 Christmas Passport Program.
Sugar Island Baking Company, 28773 Telegraph Road Flat Rock, Michigan 48134, will do a soft opening on Thursday November 11th. Owners Christy and Michelle started their business as a home style bakery in their Gibraltar home. Looking to start a brick and mortar store front business they heard that there may be a space in Flat Rock that may fit their business model. After visiting the store they knew this was the place for their small family business. Both Christy and Michelle are married with families and say that their families support them in their new business.
Sugar Island Baking Company is located next to 5/3rd Bank on the corner of Telegraph and E. Huron River Drive along with Grace’s Wood Company, BARE Aesthetics and Not Your Average Shoppe. Sugar Island will be selling baked goods like cookies, cakes and pies but also specialty items like sausage roll pastries. Fresh bread is also on their baking list. They will also have coffee and even coffee beans.
With Veterans Day coming up on their opening day, they will be giving all Veterans a FREE cookie to thank them for their service.
Keep an eye on their facebook for current cookies.
Sugar Island Baking Company
28773 Telegraph Road
Flat Rock, Michigan 48134
Click here for their Website
Façade Grant Improvements
The Flat Rock Downtown Development Authority has approved two grant applications from business and property owners for façade improvements.
Applications for the grant funds have been received from the proposed Sugar Island Baking Co. at 28773 Telegraph Rd. and for improvements to a parcel at 27500 Telegraph Rd. that formerly housed a sign shop for many years. The baking company is from Gibraltar and will move in to a site located behind Fifth Third Bank.
Under the façade program, the DDA provides financial assistance to property or business owners wanting to renovate commercial buildings and structures within the DDA district. The assistance is in the form of grants or loans.
Click Here to see how this program can help your downtown business.
Also, Flat Rock Our Hometown organization in planning the seventh annual Haunted Fall Spooktacular and Trunk-or Treat pre-Halloween celebration set for 3-6 p.m. Oct. 23 in the downtown area. The DDA is providing tables, chairs and tents for visitors to take part in the celebration.
Holiday Lighting downtown.
The DDA has hired Grosse Ile Lawn and Sprinkler Company to help illuminate the downtown at night for Christmas. They have also purchased new decorations from Bronner’s in Frankenmuth to hang on utility poles downtown.
Completion of Telegraph Street Lighting
DTE has finalized a project to adding 44 new street light poles along Telegraph Rd. (US-24) from Ypsilanti to the Railroad Viaduct. Now all of Telegraph Road in Flat Rock has the newer style LED lighting making downtown a safer place to be.