Click Here for the Wayne County Back to Work Link
Click Here for information and links including on line filing.
Family Farm and Home conducted it Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting Today, Friday October 28, 2016. The new store is located in the Flat Rock Plaza at 27311 Telegraph Road Flat Rock, Mi.
Family Farm & Home, a specialty retailer of agricultural and home products, is pleased to announce it has opened a new store in Flat Rock, MI. With the opening of the Flat Rock store, the company will grow to over 50 stores in the Midwest. Family Farm & Home offers merchandise oriented to rural and suburban living, including pet, horse and livestock feeds and accessories, farm supplies, home heating, lawn and garden equipment, hardware, automotive, work clothing and footwear.
Family Farm & Home takes pride in being part of local communities by opening stores in places where people know each others names, look out for one another, and still believe in a hard day’s work. Their mission is to help customers work smarter and faster, by providing the best equipment, supplies and knowledge to get the job done. Family Farm & Home offers the products customers need- at prices that make sense. Their customers are family, friends and neighbors, and they take care of their own with expert advice and the best equipment. Family Farm and Home is a Michigan Based Company and works with a lot of Michigan businesses.
The store is now open, with an official Grand Opening Weekend of October 28-30, 2016.
This weekend they have Grand Opening sales and have brought in the Wayne County 4H Club who will have rabbits and other animals on site over the weekend.
Family Farm and Home is a participating local business where you can get your Christmas Passport Stamp.
For more info on the Christmas Passport Click Here.
The first Euro-American settlers in Flat Rock were Michael Vreeland and his five grown sons between 1811 and 1820. Michael had been captured by British Rangers during the Revolutionary War and released after American independence.
The family purchased 800 acres (3.2 km2). The town was called the Village of Vreeland until 1838 when the Vreeland family sold off the majority of the land and relinquished control of the area. The Vreeland families built the first grain and lumber mill, having brought the grinding stones from New York.
Descendants of Michael Vreeland still live in the town and attend Flat Rock public schools, being the seventh generation to reside in the town their family founded.